Sunday, September 23, 2012

Unplanned

Much like life, today was totally unplanned. I knew I wanted to throw something and for sure I would use porcelain slip to give it texture and make it white.

Ended up with a happily thrown vase and a large bowl.  One with about 1.5 lbs of clay and the other used 2 lbs.

I love how the slip drip a little on the big bowl. I like to capture the natural movement of things.  By popular demand ( i.e. by my Mom), I may paint some flowers and dots.  She loves flowers but I like dots more.




Friends from the studio so happened to have a free night. So we did some quick steak and salad shopping and put together a very delicious dinner at her home with her dog, BeBe, watching.  He did get a few scrap of steak. Happy night for all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment