Monday, September 10, 2012

Slip Marbling works beautifully!


Yesterday was a good day at Clayland for me.  Remember my earlier posts on Marbling with Slip and Marble.  

This one shown here is the very first I've done and it is now out of the kiln, freshly baked.   It turns out perfectly fine. It is what I wanted and touching it makes me love it even more.  

The blending of colour..........the result of mixing slip and underglaze......blue melts my heart......
The texture from the slip.........I love to touchhhhhhhhh...............
The subtle contrast of the two clays, yellowish spotty clay and porcelain............showing through the porcelain slip........making it even more 3 dimensional on the surface...........

Am I making sense here???  It doesn't need to make sense. It just need to feel right. Have a great day everyone







No comments:

Post a Comment