Sunday, September 9, 2012

Me on a Kick Wheel

I threw on a kick wheel for the first time today. Wow! That's what I have to say. Just to show you how limited my vocabulary is.

It has a different kind of rhythm, but it is definitely a beautiful kind. It took us a few minutes to get to know each other. I think he doesn't mind me. I actually like throwing standing up. I feel there is more control and my energy flows more naturally standing up. But the kicking thing really kick me off my game. I can't kick and throw at the same time. Movement in my leg also moves my upper body, i.e. my arms. I need to learn to keep my arms steady.

But it was totally fun. I want to do it again. :)

By the way, it is loud and it makes those funny ancient sewing machine sound.




Check out other potters action at Mud Colony

No comments:

Post a Comment